Taxi Cab Accident Attorney San Diego
Taxis are a common means of transportation in downtown San Diego as well as throughout the entire city. The San Diego taxi cab accident lawyers at the law offices of Howard A. Kitay, represent people who have been injured in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents and other accidents involving taxi cabs. Accidents involving taxi cabs in San Diego can have tragic consequences for which the cab driver and company can and should be held responsible.
We represent clients in all taxi cab accident claims, including:
- Vehicle crashes caused by the negligence of a taxi driver injuring passengers or other drivers
- Taxi cab accidents caused by the negligence of other drivers injuring innocent taxi cab passengers
- Foot crush injuries when a taxi cab driver suddenly drives off
- Sudden stops that cause taxi cab passengers to suffer injuries whiplash or head trauma from hitting the front partition
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Unlawful lane changes
- Driving tired
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Disobeying laws or ordinances
Have you suffered an injury while taking a taxi? Or did a loved one lose their life in a taxi cab accident? Do you suspect that the taxi’s operator, or the company that is legally responsible for the vehicle, could be held liable for negligent conduct, conduct that resulted in your pain and suffering? If so, you may be eligible to pursue compensatory damages in a court of law. If you were personally injured in a taxi cab, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Survivors may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit, in the case of a loved one’s death.
What to do after an accident?
- Obtain the names and contact information of all of the witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures immediately of the scene of the accident and the cars involved in the accident. If you do not have a camera try to find someone else at the scene who does to take photos.
- Contact the police as soon as possible from the scene of the accident. Since it is a taxi cab accident, no matter what the injuries may be, it is important to let the police know what happened and have it officially recorded.
- Ask the police to give you written information as to how to secure a copy of the police report and when it will become available to you.
Many different types of injuries can occur in a taxi cab accident. Some of them may include, but are not limited to:
- Fatal injuries
- Mental imbalance
- Damages on the face
- Critical injuries on the head
- Brain hemorrhage
- Back spasm
- Fracture of joints
- Permanent disfigurement
- Visionary loss
- Wrongful death
Apart from physical injuries, a person involved in an accident may also go through a lot of mental and emotional trauma. The trauma arises due to the situation caused by the accident. A lawyer will not only get you compensation in the form of medical bills and insurance money, but he or she will also get you the compensation for the mental anguish you have sustained, especially if you have a permanent injury.
Fortunately, despite the rate of accidents and injuries which usually involve more than one passenger, taxi cab accidents tend to be well insured. The taxi cab driver is licensed, bonded and insured, and so is the taxi cab company. Sorting out this insurance and coverage can be complex and that is why a San Diego taxi cab attorney from the law offices of Howard A. Kitay is needed.
As with all automobile accidents, taxi cab accidents can be serious incidents that demand equally serious representation. If you or a loved one have been injured due to a taxi cab driver’s negligence contact an experienced San Diego taxi cab accident attorney at the law offices of Howard A. Kitay today. Contact us today at 619-578-2222 for your free no-hassle, no-fee consultation.